Friday, October 5, 2007

Fall Update

I finally got around to updating the concert calendar on my website. I feel a bit like the Energizer Bunny. I've been going non-stop all summer and I just got back from Ireland where I spent a great few weeks. One of the problems with being away so much is that you are constantly playing catch-up. But, at least, I now have the concert calendar up to date for a while. Robbie's Concert Calendar


In addition to solo gigs, I'll be doing shows with Aoife and Donal Clancy as The Clancy Legacy, including our Celtic Christmas Concert. Our first gig will be in Mattapoissett at the Kinsale Inn next week. Kinsale Inn

The Green Fields of America is going on the road again. The current line-up is Mick Moloney, John Doyle, Billy McComiskey, Athena Tergis, Jerry O'Sullivan and myself. We recently completed a new CD which will be out on the Compass label in February 2008. I have no idea what the title will be but I will post all the relevant info as soon as I have it.

I will also be doing some shows with George Keith and with Matt & Shannon Heaton including a Mexican Riviera Cruise in January. Irish Music Cruises

The new book, "Clean Cabbage in the Bucket and Other Tales from the Irish Music Trenches," has finally been published and is available at Celtica Music Shop.
Dennis O'Rourke, Seamus Kennedy, Frank Emerson and Harry O'Donoghue and I got together and compiled a collection of our adventures on the Irish music scene over the past thirty years. We had great fun writing the stories and the reaction so far has been tremendous.

Earlier this year I produced a new CD of Marie Duprey called "Watch The Tide" which I think turned out great. Usually when you finish working on a new recording you don't want to hear it again once it is finished. But I can't stop listening to this album. It's just a lovely collection of great melodic songs and Marie's singing is excellent. It is now available at Celtica Music Shop

Celtica's "Best of the West" Irish tour is now booking for May 2008. There's nothing as beautiful the West of Ireland in the month of May and space is limited so please check out the itinerary before it's too late. Celtica Tours
With the falling value of the dollar, this is an incredible deal so come with me and I promise you will have the time of your life.

I hope to see you all at some of the shows. Come backstage afterwards and say hello.

No comments: