Monday, April 20, 2009

The re-issue of my Never Learned to Dance CD, with a new cover photo, is now available at the Celtica Music Shop. With the demise of Green Linnet records, this CD has been in Limbo for the past decade but now, I'm happy to say, it is back in circulation. It's on sale for the month of April at a special price of only $15.00 including shipping and handling.

The cover photo is one I first saw, in 2007, at an exhibition of the photographs of my cousin Fionan O'Connell at the Harbor Gallery at U Mass Boston. The exhibition, called In the Heart of the Hibernian Metropolis, was a collection of photographs of contemporary Dublin. Some of you may have seen it in Boston or seen part of it last year at the Blackstone River Theatre in Cumberland RI. This September, it will be at the Hilliard Gallery in Kansas City, MO as part of the Kansas City Irish Fest. You can get a taste of it from the link above but you really need to see the larger sized photos to get the full impact. By the way, I'll be performing at the festival too.

Celtica Music Shop also has the Absolutely Irish CD, which is the sound track from the television show of the same name. It features, Mick Moloney, Susan McKeown, John Doyle, Seamus Egan, Eileen Ivers, Karan Casey, Liz Carroll, Joanie Madden, Athena Tergis, Robbie O'Connell, Niall O'Leary, Darrah Carr, Jerry O'Sullivan, Billy McComiskey, Brendan Dolan, Rhys Jones, Tim Collins, Mac Benford, Mike Rafferty and Jo McNamara.

I'm heading off to Ireland soon for the WGBH Irish Sojourn and for the Celtica Heart of Ireland tour but I will be back for my favorite festival on the second weekend of June. Aoife and Donal Clancy and I will be appearing at the Mystic Sea Music Festival. The recreation of the nineteenth century whaling village is the perfect setting for listening to sea songs. It's a wonderful place to visit at any time but you haven't lived until you've heard 400 people belting out sea shanties together. It will make the hair stand your head.

Next Sunday, Aoife and I are doing a benefit concert for the Free Library in Wareham MA. I hope to see you there. Enjoy the spring!

All the best,

Robbie

2 comments:

David McD said...

Glad as I am that Never Learned to Dance has been re-issued...I GOT all the oldies. Time to focus on that new CD with Aoife, dude..and don't say "forgive the long delay-o"...

Have fun on the Northern sojurn..wish I was going...

Unknown said...

Hi Robbie! That piece looks great- thanks for the mention & link! I might give you a fresh one once the people in Kansas have it ready. See you soon, Cousin!

Fionán